F.F.U.N. sponsors community based activities where youth can feel safe in an atmosphere that encourages respect and appreciation for differences (cultural, socio-economics, opinions and physical) and demonstrates how to resolve conflict through non-violence.
"F.F.U.N. Houses" Initiative
We are soliciting the help local businessmen, Realtors, churches and providers of grants to establish a number of "F.F.U.N. houses" throughout the city. "F.F.U.N." houses will provide a safe atmosphere for developing social skills, mentoring, prevention and intervention of criminal and negative behavior , and a host of wrap around services to empower urban youth within their respective communities and grow economically. "F.F.U.N." houses will:
- Promote a social sense of pride and self-esteem,
- Provide a safe haven for youth to interact,
- Provide technology access, training and development,
- Provide tutoring and counseling services,
- Increase opportunities for positive empowerment,
- Create opportunities to volunteer in the community and positive interaction among peers.